1.2 Billion Passwords Stolen! What Should You Do?
Many of us have seen the headlines reporting that a Russian crime ring has stolen user names, passwords and email addresses. The 1.2 billion passwords and possibly other personal information was stolen from over 420,000 websites worldwide. The hackers have been targeting every website they could from large corporations to very small website. It appears that the stolen data has been used primarily to send spam on social networks.
Becoming President of McBrain
How to train your brain and get things done.
By Marjolijn deBoer, Guest Columnist
Let's start with a little bit of fantasy: imagine that your brain is a big company. We'll call it the McBrain Company. McBrain workers come in all types and do their individual best to fulfil their different tasks. As the proud president of this tremendous company, you are responsible for everything concerning your employees, especially their well-being. It's a huge responsibility, but you do it every day!
Back to School Time Already? Check Out These Shopping Tips
It’s August and the back to school sales are in full swing. And there is something on sale for every member of the family. Smart shoppers will do their homework to ensure they will get the most for their dollars before heading to the store or online. Here are a few tips to help.
Where Are You Keeping Your Important Documents and Valuables?
We all have important documents. Many of us have items that we consider irreplaceable. Do you know where they are? Are they protected from water, fire, and other threats? This month’s report looks at ways you can keep and protect your important items.
I Know How to Make a Decision! Or Do I?
Are you ever in doubt?
- Who knows?
- Sometimes, and sometimes not
Imagine this: Within the next six months, you will have to choose which college you'll attend and what exactly you want to study. Yikes!
- Concerned About Online Tracking? You're Tracked Offline Too
- What’s the Catch? Five Popular "Offers" to Beware
- Facebook Ad Policy is Changing. Is It Good or Bad? It Depends.
- The "Feel Good" Factor of Saving Money!
- Vacation Travel Tips and Traps
- Beware of Scams That Follow Data Breach Reports
- Hungry in College? Welcome to Food Insecurity
- Heartbleed Won’t Be the Last! Tips for Staying Safe Online
- Two More Online Security Issues: Internet Explorer and AOL
- What Do You Need to Know About the "Heartbleed" Bug?
- How Your Credit Can Cost You $100K… Really!
- How to Pay Less Tax Legally and Boost Your Savings
- Don't Have Health Insurance Yet? March 31 is the Deadline
- Beware of Extensive Phone Fraud Scam Targeting Taxpayers
- Do You Know How Much Data is Being Collected about You Online?
- Are You Alert for New Financial Scams Targeting Older Americans?
- Watch Out for WhatsApp Scams
- How to Build Decent Passwords
- Another Data Breach Reported. This Time It’s Yahoo Email
- Start an Emergency Fund or Pay Down Credit Card Debt
Page 1 of 1112345678910