Is the Time Right to Refinance Your Home Mortgage?
Over the last two years average home values have continued to rise across the United States. In many areas existing homes have gained back at least half the value lost after the real estate bust of 2007 and during the Great Recession. At the same time, mortgage interest rates have stayed within a range of historic lows. During 2013 when rates were lowest, many people with equity in their homes refinanced their mortgages usually to lower payments and overall interest paid. For a variety of reasons, other homeowners sat tight with the mortgages they had. This year, although many economic analysts have been predicting that interest rates will rise more sharply, that has not happened but the potential must be considered. Taking all these factors into account you may be wondering if the time is right to refinance.
What Do You Need to Know About Data Breaches?
Did you know that there have been over 200 reports of data breaches so far in 2014? Yet most of these did not make the headlines. The number of records affected in each of these breaches vary from a few hundred to the approximately 56 million reported by Home Depot.
Which Debt to Pay First?
Dear Liz: I have $8,000 in savings. Should I use it to pay the accrued interest on federal student loans that go into repayment soon? Or should I pay credit card debts of $662 at 11.24%, $3,840 at 7.99% and $3,000 at 6.99%?
Q&A: Consolidate Student Loans
Dear Liz: I have four private student loans that I would love to consolidate so that I can have one medium-size monthly payment instead of four large ones. How do I go about finding a company that will consolidate them?
How to Keep That Vacation Feeling Forever!
Yes! Finally! After months of deadlines and a long list of tasks, stress and maybe even some sleepless nights, your vacation finally starts and you're FREE!
You have activated your automatic Out Of Office reply and, during your vacation, you are going to do absolutely nothing work- or school-related, and focus on renewing yourself with loads of positive energy.
You know that feeling, right? The feeling that things will be much better when you go back to work with your newfound insight and energy?
- Q&A: Not-So-Perfect Credit
- Q&A: Taking a Lump Sum or Annuity
- Q&A: Credit Card Debt
- Q&A: Considering Filing Bankruptcy
- Q&A: Planning On A Career Change
- Protecting Your Money From 2013's Most Common Consumer Complaints
- Do You Have a "my Social Security" Account Yet?
- 1.2 Billion Passwords Stolen! What Should You Do?
- Becoming President of McBrain
- Back to School Time Already? Check Out These Shopping Tips
- Where Are You Keeping Your Important Documents and Valuables?
- I Know How to Make a Decision! Or Do I?
- Concerned About Online Tracking? You're Tracked Offline Too
- What’s the Catch? Five Popular "Offers" to Beware
- Facebook Ad Policy is Changing. Is It Good or Bad? It Depends.
- The "Feel Good" Factor of Saving Money!
- Vacation Travel Tips and Traps
- Beware of Scams That Follow Data Breach Reports
- Hungry in College? Welcome to Food Insecurity
- Heartbleed Won’t Be the Last! Tips for Staying Safe Online
Page 1 of 1112345678910